- my family only own one car, 1600cc
- we live on a bus route (feasible if you are wealthy enough to pay extra for property handy to transport)
- we compost our kitchen scraps and garden waste
- we recycle (depending on the wind, up to 3 recycling bins go out each week)
- we use low-energy bulbs (only recently becoming aware of the mercury contained therein)
- when we can afford it (less often these days) we buy organic
BUT, big 'fessing up: as I am of Scottish descent, I would be motivated by financial consideration to adopt 1 to 5 ANYWAY, casting my economic vote in favour of solutions that save me money. Item 6 makes me feel good (mind you, so do 1 to 5).But some folk are intent on reducing my choices in live, my freedoms, based on dubious science:
Why banning the bag is bogus:
Check out some of the comments. Hilarious!
PS If a greenie tells me he heats his house by burning stuff, should I kick him in the nads?